Thursday, February 15, 2018

Rhymes for Today

Light Verse



Def: "light verse, is poetry that attempts to be humorous. Poems considered "light" are usually brief, and can be on a frivolous or serious subject, and often feature word play, including puns, adventurous rhyme and heavy alliteration."*


Some of my Facebook friends have inspired me to respond with a bit of light verse.  Here is a collection that may tickle your fancy.

Weather in New Mexico

What little I know
About such a thing
Is if you don't want snow
You should wait for Spring!


If a Bee Stings

If stung by a bee,
I'd sit under a tree,
And say fiddledeedee,
But that's just me.


Technical Snafu

To login or not to login,
That's what's bustin my noggin.


Pie for Lunch

If you want to get a luncheon high
There's nothing better than Frito Pie.



* Source: Wikipedia

1 comment:

Brian Joseph said...

Thanks for sharing. These are really neat and fun. I really like Technical Snafu.