Sunday, July 27, 2008



Crescent Moon


While enjoying my early morning run I looked overhead and saw a slight crescent moon shining in the pre-dawn sky. My runs have been more infrequent of late, since an aggravation of my left hamstring early this month. After rest and continuous strengthening at the local gym I tested it this morning with some limited success - a foundation on which to build while the running weather is still fine. As I run I have found that I prefer not to listen to recorded music (or recorded anything) through headphones. I would rather create my own music in my mind as companion to my run; sometimes my own music, sometimes tunes from other composers that have lodged in my memory. It enhances the enjoyment of the run. As the perspiration runs down my neck I journey on the lakefront trail - happy to be under the crescent moon.

No comments: