Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday


 TOP TEN BOOK TITLES THAT ASK QUESTIONS

This week’s topic hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl features book titles that ask questions or have question marks in them. I chose to review my reading over the years to find the top ten books that I have read that meet the requirements. I found more than ten but picked my favorites from the group. The resulting list includes a nice blend of fiction and nonfiction.


1.  Quo Vadis  by Henryk Sienkiewicz



  2.  What Am I Doing Here?  by Bruce Chatwin



  3.  How Many Miles to Babylon?  by Jennifer Johnston


4.  Must You Go? My Life With Harold Pinter  by Antonia Fraser



    5.  Can You Forgive Her?  by Anthony Trollope



      6.  What is Art?  by Leo Tolstoy



7. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  by Philip K. Dick


    8.  Why Read?  by Mark Edmundson



9.  Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?  by Edward Albee



    10.  Why read the Classics?  by Italo Calvino

If you check out these great reads you may be able to answer the questions their titles pose. Happy reading!

5 comments:

Susan said...

WHY READ? I don't even understand that question! Why wouldn't I? LOL.

Happy TTT!

mudpuddle said...

i didn't know Antonia Fraser was married to Harold Pinter... i've admire her writing...

Kathy's Corner said...

Hi James, I read Quo Vadis. I haven't read Mark Edmundson's Why Read? but I did read an earlier book of his Nightmare on Main Street about the attraction of the gothic in American culture going back to the founding of the country. I remember the book fondly. It was well written, interesting and not written in an overly academic way. I would like to read it again. I learned alot.

Lydia said...

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? was on my list, too!

FYI, the link to this post on Jana’s site is broken.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-book-titles-that-are-questions/

James said...

@Kathy,
Edmundson is one of my favorite literary critics and I've read this one multiple times.

@Lydia,
I'm sorry I messed up the link on the list. But I did linkback from my blog entry to yours.
Philip K. Dick is one of my favorites and this book is one reason why.

@mudpuddle,
Antonia's life with Harold was quite interesting, as you might expect from two great writers.