Monday, December 30, 2019

Ten Best of the Year


Top Ten Books I Read in 2019



The following are the ten best among the literature that I read since January 1, 2019. They are in no particular order but all of them I enjoyed and would recommend to all.



The Periodic Table by Primo Levi

Absalom, Absalom by William Faulkner

The Rings of Saturn by W. G. Sebald

The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish

Less by Andrew Sean Greer

Life Class by Pat Barker

The Makioka Sisters by Jun'ichirō Tanizaki 

A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor

Young Men and Fire by Norman Maclean

The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler


2 comments:

Brian Joseph said...

Nice list. I hope to get to some of these books myself in the coming year. Happy reading in 2020!

James said...

Brian,
Thanks for your comment. I hope you have a great reading year for 2020.