Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Reads Since 2007




Top Ten Tuesday: 

My Top Ten Reads Since January 2007

Today the awesome folks at Broke and Bookish invite us to list our

Top Ten Favorite Books You’ve Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog

Sometimes books rank higher one day, and lower the next. These are my favorites today. They may vary slightly from my book rankings, but they are all included in the best of my reading from each of the years I have been blogging.  Three are non-fiction and the rest are novels, usually large ones, including two trilogies - each counted as one extra-large novel.

I started my blog in earnest January 2007. So these are my Top Ten Reads for the last five and a half years.

My Top Ten Reads Since January 2007:

A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth

In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust

Sailing Alone Around the World by Joshua Slocum

The Man Without Qualities by Robert Musil

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Stoner by John Edward Williams

Walden, or Life in the Woods by Henry David Thoreau

The Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence

The Cairo Trilogy by Naguib Mahfouz

The Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy

3 comments:

@parridhlantern said...

In Search of Lost Time & The Brothers Karamazov I've read from this list & I need to read some more McCarthy, as I enjoyed The Sunset Ltd.

Katja Weinert said...

I love A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. It's one of my top ten books of all time really, that and Vanity Fair by William Thackeray...yes, both door stopper type tomes :-)
Katja @ YA's the Word

James said...

Thanks for your comments. Vanity Fair is a favorite of mine also.