Saturday, December 04, 2010

Julia Child

To Master the Art
by Willam Brown
and Doug Frew


Last night I attended the latest production of TimeLine Theatre Company, To Master the Art by William Brown and Doug Frew. You do not need to know how to cook to appreciate the aroma of food and the warmth of Julia Child and her friends on display in this fine production. I found myself alternately laughing and almost in tears from the Proust-like involuntary memories triggered by the sights, sounds and aromas of this play. The whole ensemble gave fine performances, but I found the performances of Terry Hamilton, Juliet Hart, Joel Gross and Anne Wakefield exceptional as they succeeded in their supporting roles.  At the conclusion of the evening  I was left with the feeling that for a couple of hours I had been transported into the Paris of Julia Child.

No comments: